Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fredlund Gallery on Wedsday and Third Thursday!

Hello Everyone!

I have been a busy bee lately, so this may be a long blog post, on Wedsday I paid a visit to Fredlund Gallery over on Park Avenue, and chatted with John Fredlund, He is an informative guy, and allways has some wisdom to impart concerning the art business, Fredlund Gallery www.fredlundgallery.com as a general rule doesn't have many openings, only on special occasions, but the artwork in his gallery is top notch and the price points are not low. I saw a piece in there by Bill Mack that I loved, it was a metal sculptural piece of 2 nude women, I don't have a picture to show you yet but I will hopefully tommorow. The price of the piece is $35000! It's a whopper! and worth every penny!


On Thursday I worked at the Gallery at Avalon Island www.galleryatavalonisland.com as I usually do on Third Thursday! Chad and Holly's Showing was GREAT!!!! and Marcos Cruz's work stands out as well. I am aware of 5 of Chad's Pieces that sold and maybe 2 others, Holly sold 1 that I am aware of, as did Marcos! We had one hell of a great crowd! WOW! It's allways good when artists sell work at a showing! Sometimes it Can be really rough trying to sell art. but we just have to keep moving forward.

A little before and some after I was able to see some of the other showings on Third Thursday, before I left for downtown that early afternoon I saw on facebook that Olde Town Brokers over off of Central and Summerlin was doing a Third Thursday opening, so I dropped by, there was the work of 3 artists in there but the only one that stood out to me was an experimental photography piece, I'm sorry I don't recall the name of said artist but the piece was at the top of the stairs, go have a look while it is still up.

Also I had a chance to look in Roho Coffee House, where I saw work by German Lemus, ever since I have known this guy he has been improveing his skills, this guy is versatile! He can do Urban Art, Fine Art, Murals, you name it! Anyway he had a combo on new work and old, His cougar piece on parchment was a stand out piece! look at that one and then the others and you will see the progression! He also had some work at FOI, but I will say more about that in a bit!

When I went into The City Arts Factory, I was allmost about to be late, so I went upstairs to the Loft, and saw the "Art of Noise" basically music oriented artwork. There was a lot of good quality artwork up there, the stand outs had to be by an artist named Picollo! Maybe I will go back and buy one before the showing is over!

After The Gallery at Avalon showing was closed for the night, I just had to go see what the AKA Lounge had, and I was not disappointed, The photography of Catherine Folks is what I loved, this young lady had an assortment of great work in the AKA, I was very tempted {and still am} tempted to buy her Buhhda piece right then and there! But she had other quality pieces as well, very affordable pieces!

Then I made my way to FOI, and guess what? I saw German Lemus's work again and Senor Lemus himself smiling and having a ball! He had a Marley piece in there that was a WOWZER piece! FOI seemed to be the happening place to be, it was maybe 10-11 PM and there was still a great crowd!

I had a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment